Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Thursday, October 23, 2014

It's Fall Y'all! Fall on the farm

Alright y'all it's been a long time since I wrote a post, I wish I had a good excuse but I don't. Sorry! The weather has cooled down and the leaves have started to change since the last time we talked. Let me just tell you that I LOVE FALL! I love everything about it. Sweaters, cider, crisp breezes in the morning, you name it, I love it. Well come to find out the animals love fall too! I spent some time today just walking around watching all the animals enjoy the cooler fall weather.

Alpacas + Fall = bliss

Just layin' around
The alpacas especially love the fall. The low hum from their fan has finally turned off and they can rest a little cooler each day. They have been spending lots of time around their area basking in the warm sun.
The cooler weather also means that the boys are getting extra fluffy! Their fleece is growing thick to get them ready for winter. They look much different than they did when they came to us in April. I just want to squeeze them!

Oink, Oink, Yawn...

I have learned that pigs get cold easily. At night I find our piggys snuggled in their little hut. They burrow themselves in hay. Burrowing to the point that one day I thought they escaped because they were hiding so well. Melvin and Sherman can be found lazing the fall days rooting around in the cool dirt and laying in the sun.

I caught Melvin mid- yawn just after his 6th nap of the day. The pigs love fall too.

Cluck, peck, scratch

I have happy hens on the farm right now. They are loving scratching through the fallen leaves and finding hidden bugs everywhere.
The ladies on a lovely fall day.

I could watch the animals all day. I am so glad they love the fall as much as I do.
I promised Raoul I would put his close-up on the blog. :)



This post is linked to:
Down Home Blog Hop   From The Farm Blog Hop

Old Fashioned Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment