Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Operation pet the pigs

Well the pigs have now called Yankee Belle farm their home for 2 months and have settled in quite nicely. I often catch Monty walking over to the pig pen to check things out, I think they are beginning to understand each other. There is only one problem. We CAN NOT touch the pigs. Don't get me wrong, the pigs aren't mean, they just don't do touch. So I have decided to instate operation pet the pigs! Get excited people, this is an official mission. You may be wondering how I am going to do this, I have decided that food and proximity are the two key components to an official pig mission such as this one.

" You are going to do what?"
So I took my chair, book, and pig treats into the pen and planned to stay a while.

"Treats for me?!"
I started by throwing Cheerios to the guys to let them know I came in peace. After they ate some of the treats, I started throwing them closer and closer.


Nicholas even came over to see what was going on at one point.

" Can I play too?"
Sherman ended up almost eating Cheerios out of my hand. He wouldn't quite take it from my hand but he did eat the ones on the ground right next to my fingers.

" Yum!"
I consider operation part one a partial success. Hopefully lots of yummy treats will lead to some pig petting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment