Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Friday, September 5, 2014

A change of the guard: There's a new rooster in town

Frodo Baggins was my first rooster. I love him. A lot. He is the scrappiest looking silkie I have ever seen which naturally makes him adorable.
Frodo has been in charge for a quite a while and his reign over the flock is finally over.

Meet Mrs. Frizzle. The new rooster in charge.


Yes I did say MRS. Frizzle. We named him before we figured out he was a boy and it kind of stuck. Anyway... He is small but he packs a lot of punch. He is the head rooster now. I am not sure how the dynamics of a chicken flock work but every now and again a new rooster heads to the top. The ladies accept that he is now in charge and listen to his special signals but all of the hens still love their Frodo.

No comments:

Post a Comment