Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Letter detective: On a hunt to learn

School is back in full swing by now for everyone I am sure. Being a former teacher I love back to school time. I still want to go into Walmart and buy school supplies in bulk. With back to school comes back to homework and studying. I wanted to share an activity I did with "Batman" that could be adapted to study just about anything.


Although "Batman" doesn't have any homework from preschool we are still working on letter identification and sounds. I made him an official letter detective and off we went to hunt letters! We have a letter tree in the playroom where we put the letters that we have learned to make them visible.

I told "Batman" that the letters had escaped and we had to go and track all of them down. This helped him review letters that he knew and I also added a few new ones.

Let the letter hunt begin!


He found H outside on the porch. He used his spy phone to call H and ask it what sound it made. We took H and put it in a bag so that we could return it to the letter tree in the playroom.

We continues our hunt...
Those letters were really hiding!
Nicholas was excited to learn about the letter A for alpaca!
P for pig!

Once we found all of our letters we headed back inside to put the letters back on our tree and told them not to run away again.



I hope you can go on your own hunt for letters, sight words, math problems, vocabulary words or what ever your little one is learning. Have fun learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment