Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Mini-Farm is Born

Let me start this post by saying that my little farm I have created is in by no means a working farm. I have great respect for the farmers that work so the rest of us can eat every day. That being said I thought it only appropriate to name our little piece of land. I guess I should back up and tell you how my family and I got to naming our house.

 It all started with ticks, yes ticks. We got a couple chickens to eat the ticks and it all took off from there. I fell in love with my chickens. They were supposed to live in the yard and eat the ticks end of story. We now have 22 chickens, 4 guineas, 4 ducks and soon to be 3 alpacas. Obviously this was not the end of the story. So that brings me to the farm name. I decided with all of this going on we needed a name for our little mini farm. I introduce to you Yankee Belle Farm. I will keep you updated about all of our farming adventures, and now I feel like we are official because of our awesome sign.



1 comment: