With Easter only a few days away, spring in the air and our little mama chicken sitting on eggs, today we made rice krispie bird's nests! Everyone loves rice krispie treats and they are even better in the shape of a nest!
Rice Krispie Bird's Nests
1/4 cup butter
4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1. Add the butter to a large pan and melt slowly.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until all marshmallows are melted.
3. Add the vanilla extract and stir thoroughly into the marshmallow butter mixture.
4. Stir in the cereal and stir to combine.
5. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
6. Press 1/4 cup of the Krispie mixture into each muffin and use a spoon to to put an indent into the top of each nest.
7. Add eggs or marshmallow peeps to finish off your nest.