Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sweet Tea & Busy Bees Collage

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Resurrection Eggs

Easter is just around the corner and we LOVE holidays around here. As much as I love egg dying, bunny crafting and eating lots of marshmallow peeps, I wanted to think of something to do with the kids to keep Jesus at the center of our Easter celebration. After some thinking, talking and internet investigation I found resurrection eggs. I hadn't heard of these before even though I now know they have been around a long time. There are lots of versions out there including ones you can buy. I will share with you our version and how we explore the eggs.



Materials:

* 1 Egg cartion
* 12 plastic eggs
* Print out from church house clipart: http://www.churchhouseclipart.com/resources/Resurrection%20Eggs%20Colored%20Page.jpg
* Small palm branch
* Small piece of bread
* Silver coin
* Small piece of rope
* Feather
* Thorns
* Purple cloth
* Small cross
* Goldfish
* Cotton ball

I started by numbering my eggs 1-12. I used a great print out I found at Church House Clipart to guide what I was going to put in each egg. I cut out each little picture and put a corresponding item in each of the 12 eggs. There is also a verse that goes with each picture.

The first 6 eggs open with their tangible items








I thought it would be fun to have the kids hunt for these each morning when they get up, one per day until Easter. They hunt around until they each find their special egg for the day. We spend time talking about what is in the egg and reading a bible story from their children's bible. It is a really great way to start the day and a great way to get kids talking and thinking about Jesus at Easter.

"Batman" was pretty proud of himself when he found his first Resurrection Egg!

"Strawberry Shortcake" grabbed her egg and ran!

No comments:

Post a Comment